Saturday, February 19, 2022

Thou shalt NoT...

She Awoke one morning 

and just sat there for a second. 

She let her environment really surround her.

And she finally,

 for the first time,

 really accepted everything

as it truly presented itself to be.

As is.

As much as it hurt to see what was really 

happening before her.

As much as it disappointed her 

to see such destruction.. 

She swallowed hard and just 

accepted it all. 

It was her now moment.

And even though she wasn't happy with it.

Even though she wasn't content with it.

She welcomed it. 

Then she asked herself. 

What do I really want?

And she just listened. 

A small voice inside her, 

like a child,

 jumped up and spoke...

I want comfort.

I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. 

In my own home.

My body, my mind, my heart, my soul.

And she finally laid down her control

and surrendered.

And it came to her... 

Her truth.

She realized just how much she had been holding herself hostage. 

Pushing herself with fears.

Fears of losing people, friendships, relationships...

She shut herself out just to please others.

She lied to herself...

That once she takes care of them, 

she will get what she really wants..

But it was a lie. 

She was lying to herself for years. 

She wondered why she couldn't find joy in life.

She wondered why life wasn't all that it was hyped up to be.

And right then and there..

She realized the truth..

The truth that 

Any relationship built on a lie..

Is just an illusion...

And it all began with her relationship with herself. 



And that's when she really woke up!